Monday, May 29, 2006

Pat at a comic book convention

I've been meaning to post these for a while, but just recently got them scanned in and online. In Spring 2004, Alice, Nate and I took Pat along to a comic book convention in San Francisco.

These are some photos of Pat with various, strange people in costumes. They are really charming and capture Pat's goofy and easygoing side well. I'm not sure if the comic-con was totally Pat's scene, but he was a really good sport when we made him pose with every possible costumed character. We all had a blast at the end of the convention, watching a "Masquerade" contest, where people showed off their handmade suits to win nerdy prizes.

I love these pictures-- and the bittersweet fact that Pat had them in his suitcase and had brought them over to Germany with him, as Lisette has informed me-- makes them even more important and dear to me. Enjoy.
-Ryan S.


1. Pat with Boba Fett.


2. Pat, looking slightly scared, with some sort of fruit bat.


3. Pat and Alice with an awesome dragon warrior dude.


4. Pat with... SHREK!!

1 comment:

Pat's mom said...

Dear Ryan,

Thank you so much for posting the pictures. They look even better than when I found them in his suitcase from Germany, probably because my vision was blurred. I appreciate your taking the time to scan them in as well as writing your lovely words. You captured him perfectly. He was a good sport about everything, even being the son of a clueless mom. Thank you for showing that dear side of him. The fact that he had those pictures in his suitcase shows that your efforts meant more than you realized at the time.

All my love,

Lisette