Sunday, May 21, 2006

Pat's Pomfret School Alumni Award




Pomfret School, where Pat attended high school, recently gave him an alumni achievement award. They very generously invited Bob and me to the alumni dinner where Libby accepted the award for Pat. Many friends from his (and Lib's) class of '01 were there, and we were able to share stories about prom dates and classroom jokes. Pat had a way of getting others laughing and then pretend to take notes while they got in trouble. The best part of the evening was Lib's acceptance speech which I'm including along with Pomfret's program.


Lib's acceptance speech

I'm so honored for Pat. Thank you to all that were involved in awarding this to my late twin brother. I'm not great with words these days, so I thought I'd read the lyrics of a song that fills my body and soul with thoughts of him.

This song is one I recently discovered from Radiohead's live album entitled "I might be wrong." Radiohead was one of Pat's favorite groups. As soon as I heard it, it stood out as special.

"True Love Waits" by Radiohead

I'll drown my beliefs
To have you be in peace
I'll dress like your niece
To wash your swollen feet

Just don't leave
Don't leave

I'm not living
I'm just killing time
Your tiny hands
Your crazy kitten smile

Just don't leave
Don't leave

Andtrue love waits
In haunted attics
And true love lives
On lollipops and crisps

Just don't leave
Don't leave

Just don't leave
Don't leave



1 comment:

Pat's mom said...

Dear Anna,

I was so happy to read your comment. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know your feelings. I will copy your comments and treasure them always. You verify what many have said. He filled them with laughter. How could such a giving person be gone? I struggle every day with that question. We will never recover. Thank you for struggling with us. Your tears help us. Thank you for sharing them. I will write again. It's late and I've been writing all day about Pat. I have so many thoughts that I have to get them out somehow. I'll try again when I can respond better.

All my love,

Lisette, Pat's mom